Hockey – The Drinking Card Game
You’ll need a full deck of cards and a minimum of 4 players (total players need to be an even number).
Divide the players up into two even teams and gather around a table in a circle. Just like actual hockey, the drinking game hockey consists of 3 periods. For each period assign a dealer and deal out the entire deck of cards. The person with the 4 of clubs starts off. The game flows clockwise.
How to play:
The object of the game is to score the most points. Play begins with the person with the 4 of clubs and play flows clockwise. The starting player lays down their 4 of clubs face up in the middle of the table. The next person must try and lay the same card (a 4) in order to score a point. If/when the player lays the same card as the person before laid, then the team the player is on that laid the matching card gets a point and the cards are cleared. The only special in game cards are Jacks. Jacks are safe cards and cannot be scored on (your opponent can’t lay another jack on top)
Example of how to play:
- Team 1: Player(1) lays 4 of clubs
- Team 2: Player(2) lays 5 of diamonds
- Team 1: Player(3) lays 5 of clubs – Team 1 gets a point for playing matching card, cards get cleared. Team 2 drinks.
- Team 2: Player(4) lays 7 of spades
- Team 1: Player(1) lays 7 of hearts – Team 1 gets a point for playing matching card, cards get cleared. Team 2 drinks. The score is now 2-0.
- Team 2: Player(2) lays jack of spades
- Team 1: Player(3) lays 3 of diamonds (can’t lay a jack)
- Team 2: Player(4) lays 3 of spades – Team 2 gets a point for playing matching card, cards get cleared. Team 1 drinks. The score is now 2-1
Club of Fours
Whoever has the four of clubs starts.
Jacks – Safe cards
Jacks’s are safe cards. When a player plays a Jack the next player cannot play a safe card. The safe cards prevents the next player from scoring on you.